1. Everyone reads the Post on the ride home. It’s never the Daily News. Is it because the Post costs a quarter? Is it because the Post has people hand out free copies outside train stations? Is it because the Post has some Joel Sherman steroids scoop that someone told you about at the water cooler, and the Daily News just has that dork with the awful moustache writing about sports on TV? I have no idea.
2. Women in Westchester actually read the sports page. You never see that in the city.
3. Approximately one out of every three programs consumed on video iPods is The Office.
4. It’s a bad idea to read the Wednesday food section in the Times on an empty stomach. Especially if it’s an article about absinthe.
5. The Journal News — they ain’t big fans of Indian Point.